Thursday, December 10, 2015

Michael B. Jordan - “I felt muscles I never knew I had”


Michael B. Jordan Speaks about How He Got Ripped for Creed.
“I felt muscles I never knew I had,” he tells Men’s Journal about the difficult physical regimen he felt to become boxer Adonis Johnson in the movie. He enlisted trainer Corey Calliet to whip him into shape to get ring-ready. "He's filled with wisdom," Jordan says of Calliet, a experienced bodybuilder. "He really helped me find the authenticity in the ring and let me know when I shouldn't hold back."
For his training, a typical day might include boxing drills, 45 to 60 minutes of cardio, weightlifting, plyometric training, leg raises,and a fat-blasting combination of crunches,  traditional sit-ups and more. Yeah, we’re getting tired just thinking about it.
The actor also cleaned up his diet, fueling his body mainly with lean protein like fish and chicken and carbohydrates such as rice and sweet potatoes. He did, however, enjoy a cheat day starting on Saturday at 7 p.m. and ending on Sunday at 7 p.m.

His favorite meal ? “I don't know if a person has ever eaten as many cheesesteaks as I saw Mike eat,” Calliet joked, which makes sense as the movie is set in Rocky Balboa’s hometown of Philadelphia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment